Fondazione Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia is seeking a skilled and enthusiastic post-doc in the field of Artificial Intelligence who will have a leading research role in the development of machine learning algorithms. The work will mainly focus on the development of a real-time motion and force tracking system, based on IMU and SEMG sensors, including data collection, analysis and ML algorithms development and implementation.
The selected candidate will join an interdisciplinary team and have the opportunity to pursue research within the I-MELA project (“Applicazioni della sensoristica per la gestione integrata del rischio biomeccanico nei luoghi di lavoro) ” in partnership with INAIL (“Istituto Nazionale per l’Assicurazione contro gli Infortuni sul Lavoro” – Italian Worker’s Compensation Authority).
This project aims at the development of a system for the recognition of workers biomechanical risk in lifting activities by using a wearable sensor network based on IMU and SEMG.
Essential Criteria To Apply For The Position Are
- PhD degree in computer science, engineering, robotics, or related fields.
- Excellent publication record in machine learning.
- Experience in embedded systems and sensors.
- Strong interest in wearable devices.
- Creative and proactive attitude.
- Strong team player.
- We are looking for a highly motivated, outstanding scientist with a PhD in Computer Science, Robotics, Engineering, or other related fields, and an excellent, well established publication record in the area of machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Proficiency in programming, software and sensors with a proven portfolio of ML algorithms implementation, excellent hands-on practical skills and strong competences in wearable sensors are essential.
- Experience in the area of wearable robotics and sensors will be a relevant plus.
The successful candidate will be offered a contract until the end of the project, with a highly competitive salary which will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Expected start date could be March 2021 or as soon as possible.
The position is pending Grant final signature
Deadline: February 14th, 2021
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, with its headquarters in Genoa, Italy, is a non-profit institution with the primary goal of creating and disseminating scientific knowledge and strengthening Italy’s technological competitiveness. IIT’s research endeavour focuses on high-tech and innovation, representing the forefront of technology with possible application from medicine to industry, computer science, robotics, life sciences and nanobiotechnologies.
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks diversity in the workforce.
We inform you that the data you provide will be processed for the sole purpose of evaluating professional profiles and selecting them according to the needs of the Fondazione Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia. Your data will be processed by the Fondazione Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, based in Genova, Via Morego, 30, as Data Controller, in compliance with the rules on protection of personal data, including those related to data security. We also inform you that, pursuant to article 15 and following articles of EU Regulation 2016/679 (“General Data Protection Regulation”), you may exercise your rights at any time by contacting the Data Protection Officer